Sunday, April 8, 2007

Yet more proof that men don't have a brain

Mike did something yesterday evening that confirms what I have been saying for years. Men have no brains. It got chilly last night and we decided to build a fire. We had used sticks and boards we had found around the neighborhood. One stick, while brittle, was too long to fit in the fireplace. Mike goes out into the garage to break it. He leaned it against an empty kitty litter bucket, with plans to snap it in half. He puts one foot on the bucket (you can see where this is going) lifts his other foot and at that time the bucket crumples and shoots out from under him and down he goes. I am in the living room adding pieces of wood when I hear a thud then "Ouch, that was really stupid". My first thought was "Oh God! He has fallen and hurt himself." I go out into the garage to find him on his feet, holding his right upper arm. I ask if he is OK and he says he doesn't know. I look down and find the bucket in pieces and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what has happened. I ask him what happened and he tells me the sordid details. He is fine, thank Good. He has a bruised arm, scraped back and shoulder and wounded pride. I told him that from this point forward, if he gets anymore of these "brilliant" ideas to run them past me first. He will never live this one down.

No comments: